Klipporna – Office building
Klipporna, – in English “The Rocks”-, is an office building located in the district of Hyllie. Hyllie is the largest growth area of the city of Malmö, strategically situated with regards to the continent, one train stop from Copenhaguen airport (Kastrup).
The office building will have a low total specific energy use, comparable to passive house standard: 38 KWh/m².
A combination of building design, modern energy saving techniques and renewable energy sources will be used to reach the energy target. A number of the techniques are far beyond state of the art.
- High performance insulated building envelope, designed as passive house standard, will reduce the energy need for heating.
- Energy need for cooling will be reduced with automatic sunshades on the facade.
- Advanced steering and control systems will reduce energy for ventilation and lighting. Low energy lighting and individualized lighting for each workspace.
- Advanced ventilation system with heat recovery system.
- Locally produced renewable energy sources will be integrated in the building: a geothermal ground water based energy system for cooling and photovoltaic panels for electricity. The panels will be integrated in the building design, probably on the façade.
The users of the office building will be frequently informed about their energy use and the related environmental impacts, for example on monitors etc.
The building will be connected to the smart grid of the area of Hyllie. The smart grid may steer energy use to moments when energy prices are low and economic incentives will be created for this purpose.
Sustainable transports will be promoted by giving free access to a bicycle pool. The tenants will also have access to advice from an environmental consultant.